Re: two different alignments within the same cue

Hi Simon,

Well, I’m not saying it’s not sufficient for rendering, it accomplishes the task. If it’s only ever an output format intended to govern rendering, then it’s sufficient.  But if one wanted, for example, to save the file for future use, let’s say for future editing/manipulation, I think you can agree that the format is quite cumbersome to reverse, trying to work out the author’s original intent.   So, fine for rendering, but not so much for a streaming site that wanted to offer a captioning tool to their clients and store the captions for later manipulation. In that case one would hope for a more straightforward format which would suffice for both rendering and edit/interchange.
Just a thought.
Cheers,
--Brad

email: bradley_botkin@wgbh.org