Re: Implementation Status [via Web Media Text Tracks Community Group]

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 07:42:27 +0100, W3C Community Development Team
<team-community-process@w3.org> wrote:

> I recently did a comparison of the implementation status of WebVTT
> features in
> the major browsers.
> You can find it here: http://www.webvtt.org/

Nice. I'm a bit surprised IE implements the old "WEBVTT FILE" header.

Could you also test Opera 12 (Presto)? From memory, I think its support is
something like:

Required Header WEBVTT
File MIME Type sniffing
Menu in video controls to select tracks
JavaScript TextTrack API ✔
Rendering of text-only captions & subtitles ✔
Cue styling with ::cue and ::cue() ✔
Cue markup incl. Timestamps ✔ (<ruby> is rendered inline)
Vertical Cue setting
Line, Align, Position, Size Cue settings ✔
Comments (NOTE) ✔
Regions
Rendering of text descriptions
Rendering of chapters

It's not clear to me what it means for an implementation to support
"Comments (NOTE)" since it falls out of the parsing requirements to
discard them even before NOTE was in the spec.

How do you determine if a feature is "✔" or "✔ (buggy)" or ""? Are you
running a testsuite?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software