Re: Dealing with "Cues in isolation"

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Sep 2014, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> >>
> >> Approach 1: Text overlay on video
> >>
> >> Approach 2: Menu
> >>
> >> Approach 3: Transport bar markers
> >
> > All of these seem like valid things UAs might want to do. The question is,
> > when they are rendered in this way, what should the chapter text look
> > like? e.g. should it be green? 40px high?
>
> Are you referring to the default rendering of the chapter text?
> My assumption was that it would be treated the same as cue text's
> default font, height and color.
> But maybe that's not appropriate...

What is "the cue text's default font, height and color"? That's what the
section in question is supposed to define.

FWIW, I would expect it to be rendered in the UI font, if shown in a menu
drop-down, but I would still expect things like <i> and <ruby> to be
honoured. What that means is undefined, and is what this section is all
about, in theory.