Re: Decisions related to "line" and "position" cue settings

Hi Silvia,

On Oct 11, 2014, at 11:29 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Courtney,
>
> Thanks, that's great information. When you say that it supports the
> full content of the WebVTT spec, does that mean you also support
> regions?

Yes, we implemented support for regions.

> How can I test the features? Is the Video Player App
> available on MacBooks? (I couldn't find it).

Its available on iOS8.

> Is there a set of test
> files that you support so we can make sure to be compatible with your
> implementation in the spec?

We are working on putting together a set of test files, but don’t have them ready yet.

> Thanks,
> Silvia.
>

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM, Courtney Kennedy <ckennedy@apple.com> wrote:
>> Hi Philip,
>>
>> Apple’s Video Player App and any third party video players that build upon Apple's AVFoundation APIs support the full current version of the WebVTT spec in iOS 8.  Webkit does not yet.
>>
>> Courtney
>>
>>> On Oct 8, 2014, at 12:32 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Courtney,
>>>
>>> That would indeed qualify as strong interest.
>>>
>>> I can't find any trace of this implementation in WebKit:
>>> https://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/html/track/VTTCue.idl
>>> (no lineAlign/positionAlign)
>>> https://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/html/track/VTTCue.cpp
>>> (nothing relevant in setCueSettings)
>>>
>>> Searching the Web for "WebVTT iOS8" also doesn't find anything useful.
>>>
>>> I guess it's still in Apple's non-public repo and not widely known
>>> yet? Since I don't have an iOS device to test with, can you provide
>>> some details on which bits have been implemented?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Philip

Courtney Kennedy 408.974.3386, mobile: 408.771.8615
Engineering Manager, Media Sharing
Apple, Inc.