Re: Unifying the rendering approach

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Victor Carbune
<victor.carbune@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'll draw up some examples of how I think it could work without
>> resizing regions. That will also avoid re-drawing regions every time
>> another cue is rendered into the region.
>
> I read your following examples, and the main disagreement point is
> along the same lines: non-snap-to-lines cues in regions. If we want to
> unify, supporting only snap-to-lines cues within the region is the
> first step, mapping non-snap-to-lines-cues to regions auto-sized to
> match cue text is the second.
>
> One other major advantage of not supporting non-snap-to-lines cues
> within regions is that you will avoid overlap completely (since text
> can only snap in lines).
>
> The last aspect is the anonymous region of the size of the video,
> while I'm not entirely happy about it, I already mentioned that I like
> it because it keeps the simplicity of VTT - you can have a cue with
> text and line index and you're done.

I tried re-doing the examples with the way that you're looking at
them, which I think ends up being example 1 basically having a full
viewport and every cue having a region around it covering the same
dimensions. I believe the rest is unchanged. Correct?

Silvia.