Re: WebVTT Shipped in Firefox 31

Thanks Richard, it's looking great!

For people's reference, I've updated the HTML5 video tests with
results from the new Firefox. Some highlights:

*) Closed captions are displayed, but there's no CC toggle in the
controlbar yet.
*) VTT positioning and tags (for bold/italic/underline, voices etc)
are supported, but CSS styling of cues is not yet implemented.
*) The full JavaScript API is also available. One can toggle track
modes, get cue lists, listen to cue changes and create tracks/cues.

http://www.jwplayer.com/html5/#html5_texttracks

Note that, for creating cues, Firefox is using the new VTTCue()
constructor. At this point, both Firefox and Chrome use that, but
Safari and Internet Explorer still use new TextTrackCue() - there's a
bit of a transition period javascripters should be aware of. Use
something like this:

  var cue = new(window.VTTCue || window.TextTrackCue)(5, 10, "hello world");

Another item Richard and I were emailing about is that any kind of cue
that's set "showing" will now popup in the video window. It seems to
me this should only be the case with tracks of kind "captions" or
"subtitles" and not with either "descriptions", ". The W3C spec is
unclear about this though. Would it be good to add this, or is this
kind of UI decisioning better left out?

Kind regards,

Jeroen