Re: Reminder: TTML/WebVTT Face to Face in Geneva this September - PLEASE RESPOND TO THE SURVEY

Thanks Courtney

Actually, we’d like to get explicit confirmation from at least the experts even if they cannot attend, and though we designed the survey so that members of this CG could respond, those of us who designed it are all members of the TTWG as well so we can’t easily check.

Please, *even if you cannot come*, please fill out the survey;  and please give a short reason, as understanding why we can’t get all the experts we need may help us design the next f2f (or the process, if the objections is to f2f’s in general) better.

If we *don’t* make progress on TTML<->VTT mapping at this f2f, we’re going to be seriously behind-hand in our work, and the split between author-in-TTML (which many are doing) and play-VTT (which many are supporting) will continue, which is … not good.

Hoping to see some more VTT experts signed up for Geneva.

(Now ducks, as I cannot attend because the AB meeting is happening at the same time)

On Jul 31, 2014, at 14:24 , Courtney Kennedy <ckennedy@apple.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just wanted to remind everyone about an upcoming F2F meeting, scheduled for September 16th and 17th in Geneva.  The planned focus of the meeting is to compare TTML and WebVTT, and to work on mapping between them.  Currently, I’m the only one with in-depth WebVTT experience who is planning to attend.  It would be very valuable to have other participants with WebVTT experience there.  So, if you are a WebVTT expert, please consider attending!
>
> Below are some links to information on the conference.  If you can attend, please fill out the survey.  The deadline for signing up is August 15th.
>
> Survey:
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/
>
> Draft Agenda:
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/geneva2014