Re: Getting going on on Rec-track deliverables -- Join the TTWG? and other actions!

Hi David,

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 9:41 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am giving the VTT folks on this list a few weeks to join the TTWG, but we really need to move pretty fast on our rec-track deliverables.  Please help us get VTT to full rec status, by
>
> * joining the TTWG
> * telling us what needs to happen to the spec. to get to last-call before-CR status

We could remove the region aspects from the spec and have that only be
part of v2. Seeing as regions have not been released as a feature in
any browser, getting them ready for v1 seems challenging.

> * helping build a test suite

I believe this can be made as part of the HTML WG's testsuite, but I
would be grateful for anyone keen to take up that effort.

> Pretty soon I will ask for time on the weekly TTWG conference call, and we’ll start accumulating bugs, issues, and action items.  I envisage that we’ll use Bug Tracker for things that need changing (or considering) in the text or conformance/test suite, Issue Tracker for things we need to discuss, and Action Items for things that people should do.  I hope this makes sense.

Makes sense to me.
We should use the existing CG bug tracker to track the bugs, so as not
to distribute them across different areas.

> On the test suite, do we have a harness/format/style identified?

IIUC, the HTML WG testing setup is explained here:
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Testing and the repository here:
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests .
It makes sense to me to follow the existing testing efforts in the W3C for this.
I believe WebVTT tests will go here:
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/tree/master/webvtt
and you will see that there are already many tests there.

It would be nice if we could have an overview page like the one for
the HTML spec: http://w3c.github.io/html/test-results/less-than-2.html
.

Is anyone actually on top of things here?

> I am thinking that we’ll ramp up within a week or so, so…let’s move!
>
> As we join the TTWG, please use the convention of putting [TTML] or [VTT] in the subject, or something similar, to identify emails that are specific to one format or the other.

OK, thanks.

Cheers,
Silvia.