Re: Conversion of 608/708 captions to WebVTT - how to map the colour green

On 08/04/2014, at 1:08 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> Note: I've made the change to "lime" and updated the related text, see
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/text-tracks/rev/07a843b7f31d
>
> Please let me know if there are more changes necessary.

Thanks Silvia,

That was the only issue that I became aware of during my analysis of
conversion processes. Certainly 608/708 'green' could be mapped to an
arbitrary RGB tuple but finger-grained decisions in that area are
better left to people more experienced in colour theory than myself.
Your revised text no longer implies that the meaning of 'green' in the
broadcast and web communities is synonymous and that is the take home
message from my work in this area.

Mike