RE: Live WebVTT Validator update

Hi Anne, and other WebVTT experts,

I'm experimenting with a TTML to WebVTT converter and just want to check a few details with you all.

The validator claims that:

WEBVTT { generated-from : TTML; }

/* ============ cue style here =========
-- styles here ignored by webvtt
*/
*::cue(c.style25)
{
    font-family: "Segoe UI Light", Sans-Serif;
    color: #303030;
    font-size: 36px;
    line-height: 44px;
    margin: 0;
}
/* cues here ignored by css

00:00:00.101 --> 00:00:03.000

NOTE
end of file   */

Is incorrect, specifically:

1.Line 4, column 1: Timestamp must start with a character in the range 0-9.
2.Line 20, column 1: Timestamp must start with a character in the range 0-9.

My understanding of the parser is that content is ignored between the header up to the first timestamp line, is that not correct? I want to use that area for the generated style-sheet,  rather than have to put it in a separate file (i.e. the generated file serves both as cues and its own style).

Also it seems that *::cue(c.style25) is not a legal CSS 3 selector, since the syntax for functions in pseudo classes only admits an expression as argument, not a selector. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Sean.