Re: Milestones and transitions

On Jul 10, 2013, at 22:09 , Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jul 2013, David Singer wrote:
>>
>> To that end, Silvia has made a 'snapshot' of the specification available
>> at <http://www.w3.org/2013/07/webvtt.html>.
>>
>> That satisfies the first need:  a stable reference.
>
> There are 34 open bugs on that document, several of which are very serious
> and will imply major changes, e.g. bug 20037. I think we should at least
> resolve the major bugs before we announce to the world that WebVTT is in
> any way "stable".

Right, I don't want to claim stability, only feature-completeness right now.

> (It shouldn't take long; for 20037, in particular, we were relatively
> close to a resolution before Silvia took over editorship.)
>
> Specifically, I think we should probably resolve any bugs that are asking
> for backwards-incompatible changes before making such a milestone announcement.

Could we try to make a list, and see if we can get the discussions ramped up on the ones we (you, Silvia, anyone else who cares) feel are serious or likely to result in significant change.

20037 looks like a good candidate.  Which others?

> --

David Singer