Re: Metadata in the VTT file header (bug 15851), use cases (and a need to close this)

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> Then we have to be careful that a multiline value can't have a
> "name"-colon inside it, since this implies the start of a new metadata
> header field.

Only a period would end a header block.

Foo:
a b
c: d
.
Bar:
e f
.

would result in two values, Foo and Bar.  The "c: d" within the block would
simply be parsed as part of the block.  These aren't complete examples, of
course.  I'm omitting things like the mechanism to indicate a multiline
header.

(This does reduce the error-recovery a bit: if you forget to end a header
block, then the whole file, cues and all, will be interpreted as part of
the header.  I think that's fine: that's not nearly as subtle a mistake as
omitting the blank line, since the whole file is consumed as a header, not
just the first cue.)

--
Glenn Maynard