Re: Yet Another Scroll-Up Idea (YASUI) in VTT

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 03:23:53 +0200, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> OK. Works for me. For non-HTML environments, should the UA act as if
>>> there
>>> was an HTML document like the one below for the purpose of selector
>>> matching
>>> of inline style sheets?

>> Yes. Though ... how would that work for several videos?
>

> If you want to play several videos at once in a non-HTML environment, then
> just use one "document" per video.

Ah, I didn't explain what I meant. For the non-HTML player this will
work. But if we have an actual HTML page and use the CSS file as
defined in the doc for it without any further changes, the rules will
apply to all videos on the page in a browser. Maybe the web page
author doesn't want that.

>> And what if we
>> want some to rely on this stylesheet and other not to?
>

> The style sheet under discussion here is embedded inside the WebVTT file,
> so, if you want the stylesheet to not apply for some videos, just disable
> styles for them? I don't understand why that's wanted, though.

Right. If the stylesheet is used with an @import call, that should be
fine. I guess I was wondering what if the @import call is not made and
the CSS file just pain added to a Web page. Probably a non-problem
then, since we are describing the @import use.