Re: Metadata in the VTT file header (bug 15851), use cases (and a need to close this)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:45:02 +0200, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

>> If the use cases don't require blank lines, we can use a blank line to
>> end a multi-line header.
>
> ouch.  can we use the blank line, as now, to end the headers?

Why?

>  you seem to want to make it possible to mix headers and cues,

No, I'm not interested in that at all.

> which means we have to have a more complex way to tell them apart, and
> rules not to put headers after cues, and I am not sure at all why.  can
> you explain?

As soon as you've seen a cue, the header part of the file is over. I don't
see why that's harder than ending the header part when seeing a blank line.

I think a blank line is more aesthetically pleasing and more in line with
the rest of the WebVTT syntax (cues are separated by blank lines) than "."

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software