Re: Multiple Settings in a Cue

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Kyle Barnhart wrote:

> Let me point out why I asked this question.
>
> Twice in the WebVTT specification it is explicitly pointed out that an
> "ordered list" is used.
> -  WebVTT Internal Node Objects have an ordered list of child WebVTT Node
> Objects [1]
> -  WebVTT Internal Node Objects also have an ordered list of class names [1]
>
> In addition the word "append" is used 27 times in the specification
> indicating that order is important.
>
> In the parse WebVTT settings algorithm [2], it only states that there is a
> list of setting token. There is no reference to order.
>
> In the split a string on spaces algorithm [3], it specifies only that a
> list is created. It also states "add" to the list and not "append". The
> common micro syntax document [3] uses the word "append" 9 times. In
> addition there are explicit instruction for ordered and unordered sets
> of tokens.

I've made it clearer that these lists are ordered, just so that there's
no ambiguity here.

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec//common-microsyntaxes.html#split-a-string-on-spaces

See http://whatwg.org/html#split-a-string-on-spaces for the most up to
date copy of this text.

(In particular, WebVTT references the terms as defined in the WHATWG HTML
spec; I make no guarantees that the references make sense if you use the
W3C HTML5 spec for the HTML terms.)