Re: Displaying multiple lines in WebVTT

On Tue, 01 May 2012 07:42:25 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

>> As an aside: do the rendering rules say what happens if the style of
>> cues is changed by script (or the UA, too, I suppose), causing it to
>> change size (spans losing display: none, changing font size, etc)?
>
> Yes. Nothing happens to the boxes, but the resulting rendering would
> change. I expect this will change based on implementor feedback.

'display' and 'font-size' is not in the list of properties that apply to
::cue or ::cue(). So 'display' cannot change. I think the only way
'font-size' can change is if the user changes the minimal font size
setting (if it applies to cues, which I think it should) or has it set and
the size of the video changes.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software