Re: Instantaneous metadata cues

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that one should see an exit event for every enter event.
>
> I am less convinced one should see enter/exit pairs for times that did not
> get 'sampled'.  For a start, you can drive a system crazy by putting 'too
> many cues too close'.

That's different, though, as I said--in the normal case that shouldn't
happen.

The text in the current spec does seem to handle this correctly, allowing
browsers to skip if they need to but not dropping cue events
unnecessarily.  (Apparently there are old spec versions still present on
old URLs, lying in wait to bite those of us who navigate the spec using
browser history...)

--
Glenn Maynard