Re: Cues with 'start time' >= 'end time'

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> I personally think it makes sense to drop such cues on the floor,
> since they should not have any influence on anything, never being
> active.

They can be looked up by id, which can affect scripts, especially for
metadata tracks.

Perhaps they'd still be read by text-to-speech systems (eg. the "read
on-screen text aloud" category of use cases), which I imagine would
normally ignore end times entirely.

(These aren't use cases, just situations where dropping them on the floor
would cause a detectable change in behavior, and that might be perfectly
OK.)

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:

> On the other hand, I wouldn't really mind if parsing timing and settings
> failed for this case, since that would allow us to complain in the error
> console about it.

Since it's violating an authoring requirement, I think you can already
complain about it in the console if you want.

(Not that you couldn't otherwise; nothing tells you what you can say in
your own error console...)

--
Glenn Maynard