Re: Support for advanced caption features (inc rollup)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> I am not a lawyer and what I am saying now is not authorized by YouTube or
> Google, so do not take my word for it but rather check with a real lawyer.
>
> The key section of interest of the CVAA seems to be the following, FCC
> 79.103:

The official URL to what you are referring seems to be this:

   http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?node=47:4.0.1.1.6.0.3.8

This appears to be the FCC rules part of the CFR, not the CVAA. What makes
this apply to Web browser software or, say, open source video players?