Re: Captioning for live video

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:24:06 +0100, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Solution in HTML
>
> We can realize this by introducing an "append()" function for
> TextTrackCues
> in HTML. Then at least real-time caption functionality can be implemented
> in JavaScript.
>
> It could be something like:
>
> cue.append(text, duration, timestamp)
>
> Which would simply append the "text" to the cue's text content and
> "duration" to the cue's end time. It could even add a timestamp in front
> of
> the text to capture when the word was provided.

Cues are mutable in the API already. You can set the .text (with
timestamps if you want) and .endTime IDL attributes.

> 2. Solution in WebVTT

Separately from WebVTT syntax issues, currently the spec does not support
streaming of WebVTT in <track>.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software