Re: Default style

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com
> wrote:

> What that means for browser defaults - I don't know. I tend to think
> that a semi-transparent background as we have it is a good enough
> compromise. Combine that with the possibility to have users change the
> settings and I think we're good enough.

It's miles and light years beyond ugly.  (Transparency doesn't help; it's
still a square rectangle at the bottom of the screen, pulling my attention
away from the video.)  Browsers don't set a default font size of 30px and
expect almost everyone to zoom out; they set it to a sensible default and
let the minority who need to zoom in do so.  If a few people really have
trouble reading outlined text, then UAs can let those few toggle over to
ugly mode, but don't inflict that on the world as a default.

--
Glenn Maynard