Re: The need of newlines in WebVTT (was Re: Displaying multiple lines in WebVTT)

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> What do others think? Should we introduce an explicit line break
> character such as <br> and ignore any CR and LF characters inside the
> cue?

More specifically, sequences of whitespace would be collapsed to a single
space, as happens in HTML,
or else this sentence

would end up being rendered as "in HTML,or else ...".  That's "white-space:
normal"; the current behavior is closer to "white-space: pre" (though I'm
sure it differs in the details).

--
Glenn Maynard