From: public-texttracks-request@w3.org [mailto:public-texttracks-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of David Singer
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 4:39 PM
To: public-texttracks@w3.org
Subject: Introducing myself

[please respond to this thread, and introduce yourselves to the group]

I work for Apple in the multimedia area, but have fairly broad responsibility for standards. I am the chair and editor of the 'file format group' at MPEG ("Mr. MP4" is apparently my nickname for some people), and I hope to be working on whether, and how, VTT can be carried inside MP4 files -- and if I can work that out, I'll try for TTML as well.

I seem to be the chair of the group.  I want to be clear that if you have a problem with me, the way the group is running, or someone else, or how things are going, TALK TO ME.  I have a pretty thick skin, and even if I don't, it's my job to take it.  Don't let things fester, speak up - preferably in direct emails.  Don't call my cellphone unless you know where I am, I travel a lot and you might wake me in the middle of the night. Then my skin can be very thin indeed.

But I promise to do all I can for to make the group as effective and enjoyable as it can be.

Let's dig in!

Welcome (and now -- follow up!)

David Singer