RE: [SPAM:#] Introducing myself

David Singer wrote:

> [please respond to this thread, and introduce yourselves to the group]

How-do to one and all,

Scanning the members list, a bunch of you already know me, but for those
that don't:

I'm John Foliot, and I am a 11 year veteran of web accessibility and
related issues. My day job is running the Stanford Online Accessibility
Program at Stanford University, where I work with content contributors and
other faculty and staff with the goal of ensuring online access success.
Some days I'm the windshield, other days the bug, but Stanford is cool.
Prior to coming to California, I lived and worked in Ottawa Canada, where
I was providing web accessibility consulting services to numerous
Government of Canada departments (including The Canadian Supreme Court,
the Canadian Space Program, Human Resources and Development Canada, and
others).

I am also quite embedded at the W3C where I am officially an Invited
Expert, and a regular contributor to the Accessibility Task Force for
HTML5, where I am also the co-facilitator of the media sub-team - a group
that has been quiet for a bit, but will likely resurrect some time soon.
I've long held that 'video on the web' is *the* next frontier, and
everything I see confirms that feeling today. As an accessibility
evangelist and advocate I've also been concerned about the video
accessibility space, which is why I am here.

Never afraid to call them as I see them, I look forward to working on this
Community Group and with you all towards success.

Cheers!

JF
============================
John  Foliot
Program Manager
Stanford Online Accessibility Program
http://soap.stanford.edu
Stanford University
Tel: 650-468-5785

---
Co-facilitator - W3C HTML5 Accessibility Task Force (Media)
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page