Re: Kicking off to the Text Tracks Community Group

Hi David,

We are indeed talking about two different documents here:

Ian is talking about the specification document that the browsers and
other WebVTT parsing application will follow in implementing WebVTT
support.

What you are referring to is a authoring guide, which has a very
different target audience and does indeed need a different type of
document. I'd be happy to start this document, but I think we first
need to WebVTT extract from the WHATWG spec here, so Ian's questions
are very important to get sorted first.

Cheers,
Silvia.