Re: Initial WebVTT contribution to the CG

Silvia,

thank you so much.  It's great to have a document to work on.

So, friends, a good thanksgiving to those in the US and … to work!

We have this document, and the Leanback Player Review is a great starting point for an authoring guide (IMHO) (it's linked from the Wiki http://www.w3.org/community/texttracks/wiki/Main_Page).  The Wiki also has a list of deliverables.  Can we start collecting 'to-do's -- bugs, features we need and aren't sure are there, and so on?

On Nov 17, 2011, at 18:51 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> Fellow WebVTT friends,
>
> Attached is a starting point for our WebVTT specification.
>
> It is an extract from the WHATWG's WebApps specification document.
> Since the text was written by Google's Ian Hickson, and published on
> the WHATWG site with a copyright attributed to Apple, Opera, and
> Mozilla, the actual copyright ownership and hence grant to the CG
> might be unclear to some. To clear up any confusion, and start on a
> clean basis, all four companies are co-contributing the document. They
> are cc'd here to make this clear.
>
> The document was created by going through the WHATWG's WebApps
> specification and extracting sections that are relevant to the WebVTT
> specification that we are planning to create. Links to each of the
> relevant chapters have been included so as to make it easier for the
> editor to locate these sections and include them in the new
> to-be-created WebVTT specification.
>
> We can now also get started on writing a WebVTT tutorial and on
> discussing suggested changes for WebVTT in this forum.
>
> Best regards,
> Silvia.
> <webvtt.html>

David Singer