Re: Milestones and transitions

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013, David Singer wrote:

> To that end, Silvia has made a 'snapshot' of the specification available
> at <http://www.w3.org/2013/07/webvtt.html>.
>
> That satisfies the first need:  a stable reference.

There are 34 open bugs on that document, several of which are very serious
and will imply major changes, e.g. bug 20037. I think we should at least
resolve the major bugs before we announce to the world that WebVTT is in
any way "stable".

(It shouldn't take long; for 20037, in particular, we were relatively
close to a resolution before Silvia took over editorship.)

Specifically, I think we should probably resolve any bugs that are asking
for backwards-incompatible changes before making such a milestone announcement.