Re: [testtwf-shenzhen] Need your input: Writing Webapps tests at TestTWF

On 09/06/2013 03:54 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> * File API - this spec should soon enter Last Call Working Draft. It has
> some submissions
> <http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/FileAPI/tests/submissions/>
> (PRs #53 and #54), at least six PRs from TTWF-Shanghai and PubStatus
> says it is "~20% complete". KrisK is the spec's Test Facilitator so it
> would be good to get his input re the priority tasks and plans for this
> test suite. For example, it's not clear if the existing coverage is
> reasonably good, where are the holes, etc.

I don't know if anyone has a good idea of what coverage we have right
now, and what the outstanding PRs will add, so I suspect that writing
new tests right now is more likely to duplicate effort than to add
useful coverage. If someone wanted to spend the time to figure that out,
I think that would be more useful.

> * DOM (4/Core) - Aryeh is the Test Facilitator and Ms2ger has been
> active. PubStatus says this test suite is "50% complete" [I don't recall
> the provenance of that number ;-)]. Aryeh, Ms2ger - what is the status
> of this test suite? If there are some testing gaps you think the TTWF
> people should address, please let us know the details.

Tests for the Range API are rather thorough (even too thorough for
Mozilla's automation). Other areas are spotty, and it shouldn't be too
hard to find parts that aren't tested yet.

I also remember writing up a number of things that needed testing for
the last testtwf event; I think those were all ignored, and still need
to be done.

HTH
Ms2ger