Re: Fwd: Test Changes Proposal

On 16/02/17 12:00, Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 01:29:22 +0100, Benjamin Schaaf
> <ben.schaaf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not really sure how we can tackle the user-agent defined margins
>> for rendering. Perhaps an easy way to change it automatically
>> throughout the tests would help?
>> How do other tests handle this?
>
> Yeah, we could have a single JS file that sets expected horizontal and
> vertical margins, where each vendor can put their own value, and that is
> used in the reference files to create the correct expected rendering...
>
> We have some similar things, like /resources/testharnessreport.js which
> is empty but each vendor can put stuff there for integration of
> testharness.js with some other system.

If that's the only possible option then we can possibly add a constants
section to testharnessreport.js or something, but generally things that
require implementors to do manual work on import are a bad idea because
they will mostly not do it and then later be surprised when all the
tests fail or error.