Re: Web Platform Tests Pull Request Commenting

I certainly don't want to step on any toes here, but I wanted to throw my
opinion out there since I see possible opportunities for saving time and
effort. From my perspective it looks like the project I'm working on, WPT
Dashboard, and this project have very similar aims:

- WPT Results Consolidator: Collect and display WPT results
- WPT Dashboard: Run, collect and display WPT results

I can't help but wonder if it would save time to build this on the same
infrastructure. Adding a couple of endpoints to collect and display WPT
results by revision would be a fairly simple addition to the dashboard. The
proposals, as planned, would mean we'd both be building a UI to display WPT
test results - this sounds like the biggest duplication of efforts.
Additionally the dashboard, being an App Engine app, also has the benefit
of not needing server setup or maintenance, or the potential to run out of
disk space. (see design doc here: bit.ly/wptdashboard-design-doc)

On the other hand I completely understand there are reasons why people
might want these to be separate. I would love to hear your thoughts on
this. If this sounds like something worth pursuing further, I'm happy to
elaborate more specifically on how this would work technically.