Re: Specifications with matching test APIs

Thanks Reilly, I support continuing to move in this direction!

Are you planning in shipping this API in release Chrome builds behind a
flag?  I think it would be reasonable to modify the WPT infrastructure
(stability_checker, dashboard) to pass a --enable-testing-apis flag
(although we might need to consider the security implications of that for
the WPT infrastructure running potentially untrusted test patches).  But I
don't think we'd want to use content_shell (or even Chromium builds) in
that infrastructure - at least not in place of Chrome builds.

What's your thoughts on writing tests which could be either manual tests
("attach a device with the following characteristics, etc..") or automated
tests?

We could probably bikeshed a bit on the spec terminology here. "At that
point the behavior of usb is defined by this specification" seems a little
wrong in principle to me.  We want web-platform-tests to be testing the Web
USB spec itself - so test cases should be written against the algorithms
defined there (not in a spec for a feature that technically doesn't ship to
users).  But since the testing spec then refers back to running algorithms
in the Web USB spec maybe that's OK?