Re: Web-Platform-Tests pull request

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM, John Jansen <John.Jansen@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am wondering what the status is for pull requests going in to the WPT repo. I have one that enables the WebDriver tests to work:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/1890
>
> It's been since June, but I'm really just wondering who is on point for merging them in general. There are over 100 in queue currently.

With the state the specification was in when these tests were written,
I'm not sure it's a good idea to use them as the basis for any
implementation.  They made it into WPT as a clean-slate import without
code review.

To test the fundamentals of the protocol, I feel the test harness
needs major work to allow the granularity needed ensure compatibility
with the specification.

It's also my opinion is that there are simply too many loose in the
specification to determine if these tests are correct.