Re: deleting w3c-test.org/{webapps,webevents,web-platform-tests} creates lots of 404s

On 21/03/14 11:03, Robin Berjon wrote:

>    • The implementation report. That might be a bit trickier because I
> understand why you'd want to reference files, just as I understand why a
> year later someone might need to move those files around. I'm not sure
> how to handle this. The simplest option if for IRs to have a warning at
> the top stating that they were built from WPT commit deadb33f and links
> might go stale — whoever wishes to reproduce the same situation can do
> so by checking out the repo and reverting to that commit. There are
> other options but they're pretty heavy-handed so I'd rather not mention
> them yet.

Yes, I think implementation reports should specify which version of the
testsuite they used. I don't think that linking to the most recent
version of the tests on w3c-test.org is appropriate; if you want to
precisely recreate an implementation report you should check out the
files and do it locally. I consider w3c-test to be a convenient service
to remove overhead of casually running tests, not the source of all
truth, so I don't think we should complicate it to make unusual use
cases easier.