Re: testing form submission

+jgraham

masinter@adobe.com writes:

> I'm working on multipart/form-data and automated testing for it, and
> I'm a little stuck getting form submission to work reliably.
>
> https://github.com/masinter/multipart-form-data
>
> The set up is the form test creates iframes for each test, creates a
> form for the test, sets it as the iframe's srcdoc, which automatically
> submits it to a local "post echo" server (python and node.js
> included).

Wouldn't wptserve be the natural way to provide a web server for POSTs?

> Of course, if someone has a better form-submission testing framework,
> that would be great.

This seems like an ideal candidate for something we can convert into a
WebDriver test in the future.  That will allow us to control the browser
from an OOP context, which should allow us to simplify these tests.

Note that it's still a work in progress, however.