Re: Importing W3C's test suite into implementor's test suites.

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013, Rebecca Hauck wrote:

> FWIW, the reason I've started to address automating the import is
> because I'm currently in a third scenario that hasn't really been
> addressed directly here.  Where Scenario 1 is upstreaming existing tests
> from implementors to the W3C and Scenario 2 is implementors importing
> existing tests from the W3C, I'm currently in spot where I'm writing new
> tests and want to submit them to both places at once.

[...]

> I'd be curious to know if any other implementors had a model for this
> case. And sorry Tobie if I've just created another fork of this
> discussion.

FWIW the model at Opera is that tests are written and reviewed internally
and then submitted to W3C as a seperate step. This can involve some
changes to the tests e.g. to change internal server names to W3C server
names, although we have got better at either avoiding these problems or
mitigating them. I'm not claiming that this is the best model, but I
imagine there are a number of organisations that will not be submitting
tests as soon as they are written, but waiting for a variety of reasons.