Re: [Test Framework] WebDriver-based test framework

From: Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:22:15 +0100
To: Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, public-test-infra <public-test-infra@w3.org>
On Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM, Dirk Pranke wrote:
> I'm not sure what is meant by "native implementation" in this context.
Yeah, my bad. I should have said built-in or integrated.

I had hopes for more integrated experiences for WebDriver than the ones vendors are aiming for (e.g. implementations on Android require downloading the SDK and plugging the device under test to a computer through a USB cable). I understand the security/privacy reasons, but that's making the barrier to entry much higher than I would have wished for.

--tobie