Re: Priorities for Test Asset Development

On Jan 29, 2013, at 4:48 PM, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L wrote:

> As further input to today’s meeting, here is a draft outline of my suggested priorities for further gap analysis and task prioritization of the test assets, assuming CoreMob 2012 as the guide to overall spec priority (within each main bullet below, this is an unordered list). I have left off the specs for which there are existing tests in the framework, for which coverage assessment is still TBD.
>
> 1) specs with no tests (found so far...)
> -              CSS Device Adaptation, CSS Values and Units Module Level 3, CSS Image Values and Replaced Content, CSS Flexible Box Layout, CSS Transforms, CSS Fonts, CSS Text Module Level 3, CSS Animations, CSS Transitions

For the record, there are a number of existing tests for most of the above specs, see our test repository manager:
http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/

We're just not building a formal test suite yet and importing it into the test runner, but we will be shortly.

> -              HTML Media Capture
> -              Touch Events
> -              Quota Management API
> -              Animation Timing
> -              Pointer events
> -              CoreMob 2012 "Partially addressed" (what we do with these is TBD): Offline, Responsive Images, Application meta-data, Momentum and infinite scrolling, Screen Orientation, Chromeless Mode
>
> 2) specs that have tests, but unautomated: automation status is TBD both for tests already under the framework, and outside
>
> 3) specs that have tests, but not in the framework
> -              CSS 2.1, CSS Media Queries, CSS Selectors Level 3, CSS Backgrounds and Borders, CSS Color,

CSS 2.1, CSS Backgrounds and Borders, and CSS Color (among others) are in the CSSWG framework at:
http://test.csswg.org/harness/