Re: Naming directories in web-platform-tests

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On 17/04/2013 07:25 , Tobie Langel wrote:
> > Sorry if I wasn't clear in my initial email. I had two goals here.
> > First, gather consensus to enforce consistent naming between the test
> > repo and /TR. And secondly to coordinate fixing incorrect names in
> > the repository, as this will probably hurt mirroring (for those who
> > care about this) and impact open pull requests.
>
> The names in question all come from before we agreed to use the TR
> shortnames (either from the initial HTML repo, or from the imported
> WebApps repo).

Not throwing stones. Just trying to keep my sanity. :)
> I recommend we switch them now, before there are too many things
> depending on those URLs.

I'll get a PR out shortly.
> Also, I *think* that git is smart enough to notice that something was
> moved and merge properly.

Yes. Me too. What about the mirroring with w3c-test.org? Won't that wreck havoc?
> Worth double-checking though.

Do you have a better suggestions than trying the name change on a single directory and seeing what happens to PR there?

--tobie