Re: Google opening the door to a discussion about AI opt-out

We are also participating in this work, and we have also thrown a solution
into the ring - our newly announced "Data Mining" property created in
association with the PLUS Coalition:
https://iptc.org/news/exclude-images-from-generative-ai-iptc-photo-metadata-standard-2023-1/

I think all of these solutions have their place - robots.txt, TDMRep, IPTC
embedded image/video metadata using XMP and C2PA Data Mining exclusion
assertions. It makes crawling a little bit more complicated for the
scrapers, but hopefully the tools will evolve quickly to support these
mechanisms. (For the open source crawling tools, we might have to
contribute some code to help them along!)

Best regards,

Brendan Quinn
Managing Director, IPTC
www.iptc.org