From: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 10:54 AM
To: public-talent-signal@w3.org
Subject: [TalentSignal] Quick update on schema.org

Hello all,

Schema.org was updated<https://schema.org/docs/releases.html> at the beginning of June [1]. The updated included changes to the definition and range of occupationalCategory<https://schema.org/occupationalCategory> [2] so that it is more flexible in the coding schemes that can be used and less US-centric. This is a result of our discussions on the topic in April (see our wiki<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Better_more_flexible_coding_of_Occupational_Category> for a reminder of the details [3]).

Sadly the proposal to add a start date for jobs (see wiki page<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Provide_start_date_for_job>[4]) seems to have been skipped over. I don't know why. I will follow this up and hopefully it will be in the next release.

Regards, Phil
1. https://schema.org/docs/releases.html

2. https://schema.org/occupationalCategory

3. https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Better_more_flexible_coding_of_Occupational_Category

4. https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Provide_start_date_for_job

--

Phil Barker<http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil

CETIS LLP<https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for innovation in education technology.
PJJK Limited<https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning; information systems for education.

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company, number SC569282.