Re: Usage distinction between DefinedTerm and CategoryCode

Stuart, I know what you mean.

One of the original use cases was to mark up product categories against
know codes, e.g. https://www.gs1.org/standards/gpc

But if you're using a term from a glossary (for example) then it is
neither a code nor relates to a category, hence DefinedTerm.

You could argue that DefinedTerm would cover all cases, but that's not
how I want to spend my time :) So we have both, and I tend to use
CategoryCode when (a) dealing with alpha-numeric codes and (b)
classifying something that seems to be a category; if possible I prefer
DefinedTerm.

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
CETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.