Next step for Data Store API?

Hi Gene, Marcos,

Marcos wrote:
> We want to drop DataStore - we don't want to standardize it. We ended up using named IDB stores in FxOS instead.
> It just ended up duplicating IDB. I'll see if I can hunt down some notes outlining other problems. I believe Gene is also agreed (and knows more), so he might be able to provide a few more details.

AFAIK, the Data Store API had been planned to support the data synchronization between applications that use other SysApps APIs such as Contacts Manager API, Web Telephony API, Messaging API, etc.

Could you share any major decision points by which the named IDB replaced Data Store API in FxOS? And for SysApps APIs, do you want to leave it up to implementation specific decision now? Or do you still think there should be some new proposals to cover this data synchronization use cases between apps?

--
Jungkee Song
Samsung Electronics