Re: Permissions UI & Necessary API

On 25 Apr 2014, at 18:04, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Implications of this feature on the Web are a bit different than on native ecosystems in which the content is usually curated. For example, an evil application could lie to get you grant access to some capabilities it wants to use for other — potentially malicious or otherwise harmful — purposes than it told you to.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this paragraph; isn't this what Android applications have been found to do on a massive basis?
>
> A related question is if there should be any differences between vetted applications or not.

Yes. That is why I said “usually” :-) Perhaps not the best choice of words.

It would be helpful if someone with a good understanding of the state of the Android ecosystem could share the latest on this topic.

Btw. Some further research at [1].

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/articles#API_Permissions