Re: Clarity over direction of work on runtime and security model?

On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Dave Raggett wrote:

> I've been asked for a clear statement over the direction of work in
> SysApps on the runtime and security model and would appreciate your help
> with this. I understand that the current editor's draft for the runtime
> and security model specification is likely to need substantial
> modifications before it can be transitioned into a First Public Working
> Draft. Can anyone explain what the problem areas are that are holding us
> back?

It's too hard a problem - with little return if we standardize it. Runtimes already support their own runtime security models… the only thing that might be useful there is some of the lifecycle events, but those apply equally to web pages and packaged apps (so should really be defined in HTML).
> We have already split off the packaging model to Web Apps and the
> Application Lifecycle and Events to the spec Anssi and Kenneth are
> editing. What about the use cases and requirements -- where are these
> documented and could we progress them separately?

Yes, this is what Anssi and Kenneth have been doing in their doc.

--
Marcos Caceres