Re: Privileged and certified-level app, was Re: Clarity over direction of work on runtime and security model?

https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker
> This is related to Web
> Workers (currently in CR) as standardized by the WebApps WG, right?

Sorta. These workers are spun-up to deal with events (e.g., when a push notification occurs or a schedule task happens).

> I understand the need for apps that run for extended periods of time,
> e.g. whenever a device is powered up. Such apps may run in the
> background, akin to Android services.

This is not the intent. These workers are short lived and only get spun up when they are needed (AFAIU).

Anyway, getting a bit off topic :)