Re: status of phase 1 work items?

On Saturday, 22 June 2013 at 09:46, Dave Raggett wrote:

> Remember that I can help with publishing updates - it doesn't need to
> entail a lot of work. The main part is providing a summary of changes
> since the last published draft.

Thanks for the offer.

It would be great to have someone in the group working as the "change controller/monitor" which tracks bug closures and significant changes.

This can be mostly automated by simply tagging bugs in GitHub: when a bug results in a change that is worthy of going into the Changes section, it would be marked as such. Then, using the GitHub API, we could import those bug links, titles, and descriptions into the document (which are then frozen on each republication by Respec). This would require a small plugin to be written for Respec, but it should be fairly trivial to create.

We do something a little bit like this in the Responsive Images CG - where we dynamically include open issues into our specs from GitHub using JSOP. See:

http://picture.responsiveimages.org/#open-issues

Something like the above would also be highly beneficial to our own specs.

--
Marcos Caceres