Re: telephony API description paragraph

Hi Dave,

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Dave Raggett wrote:

> With the expectation of a positive outcome on the CfC for publishing the
> Web Telephony API, Marcos and I have prepared the document for a
> transition to a First Public Working Draft.
>
> To pass pub rules, I have added a paragraph describing the spec to the
> section "Status of This Document"
>
> This document defines a System Level API for access to
> telephony services, such as support for dialling phone numbers,
> including emergency services, multiparty (conference) calls,
> the means to send DTMF tone sequences, and to handle a variety
> of events signalling changes in the call state.

I'm a bit confused as to which requirement in Pub Rules needs the text above? When I run pub rules over FPWD.html, pub rules passes everything. What am I missing?

Also, I'm not in favor of saying "System Level API" (as it's not defined in this spec) and the text above just seems to reflect what is already in the Abstract - doesn't really say anything about the status of the document.
> Please let me know if you would like a change of wording. This paragraph
> has to be updated for each successive published draft to summarise the
> changes since the previous version.

Ah, good point about keeping track of significant changes (filed a bug [1]). I think what we actually want is a specific section for that instead of doing that in the SoTD (people generally skip over the SoTD, and having changes in there just makes things messy). Something more like what WebIDL has works better, IMO:

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#changes

Note that the spec also has a link to the Commit history at the top of the document:
https://github.com/sysapps/telephony/commits/gh-pages.

[1] https://github.com/sysapps/telephony/issues/116