From: Marcos Caceres [mailto:w3c@marcosc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:42 PM
To: Marta Pawlowska
Cc: Mounir Lamouri; public-sysapps@w3.org
Subject: Re: Alarm API: ignoreTimezone/respectTimezone

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Marta Pawlowska wrote:

> Hello Mounir,
> I would like to add my 2 cents...
>
> 1. ScheduleTask object
> I like this idea most, however I would add default timezone identifier (I agree with Marcos here). I understand that we want to make sure that developers will think about their intentions, but it might be inconvenient/irritating, especially if in most cases they will use current timezone. Moreover I would like to change timezone identifiers names: "current" to "CurrentTimeZone" and "none" to "ignoreTimeZoneChanges" (I prefer to use "ingnore...Changes" over "no..." or "none" since it would be self-explanatory to me).

IMO, if we do get agreement to go optional, it would be nice to have this as:

{timezone: timezone | none | current }

Less typing and legible (and no need for uppercase letters) - I also like none, because it's a nice carry over from CSS. So, some examples:

new ScheduledTask(date, {timezone: "GMT+1"});

var props = {timezone: "PST", data: {...}}
new ScheduledTask(date, props);

new ScheduledTask(date, {timezone: "none"});

and so on…