Re: Test suites for System Applications Specs

On 7/26/2013 1:20 AM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> I agree. These look really great - the depth of coverage seems
> fantastic! With your permission (and/or collaboration) it would be
> great if we could adapt them to test app://. First thing would be to
> put them under a suitable license (or make them CC0 [1]). See:
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-copyright.html

I'm happy to collaborate. And I will set a suitable license asap.  It
sounds like the W3C Test Suite license does not allow modification, and
would not be preferable, am I understanding that correctly?

> Also, have you shown the tests to Anne van Kesteren (editor of the
> URL spec)? If not, it would be great to get his opinion about them.

Yes, Anne has already forked these and made some contributions back into
them.

Best regards,
Chris Weber