Re: Sysapp Runtime: Allow-Navigation

On 2013-07-03 17:39, SUWIRYA Darmawan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We would like to seek for clarification regarding chapter 7 of the
> runtime spec.
>
> Use case example :
>
> 1. App-1 is a hosted app, with origin from www.myapp.com
> <http://www.myapp.com>.
>
> 2. In its manifest, it declares for permission to access Messaging and
> Raw Socket APIs.
>
> 3.. In its manifest, it also declares to allow-navigation to
> www.myapp-service.com <http://www.myapp-service.com>.
>
> 4. Messaging API is used in : www.myapp.com/run1.html
> <http://www.myapp.com/run1.html>.
>
> 5. Raw Socket API is used in : www.myapp-service.com/run2.html
> <http://www.myapp-service.com/run2.html>.
>
> 6. User installed this App-1.
>
> 7. User executes this App-1.
>
> 8. User hits www.myapp.com/run1.html <http://www.myapp.com/run1.html>
> page, and messaging API access works fine.
>
> 9. User then hits www.myapp-service.com/run2.html
> <http://www.myapp-service.com/run2..html> page. Will Raw Socket API
> access works fine also here ?
>
> 10. Then finally, how if the App-1 above is actually a packaged-app ?
> Will the behavior be exactly the same ?

This is indeed greatly underspecified. I would guess that domains from
allow-navigation are not granted the same level of permissions that the
application has, but I'm not sure here.
I also think that there should be no difference between hosted and
packaged apps here.

Regards,
Janusz Majnert
Samsung R&D Institute Poland